This recipe is from Paleo Takeout, my favorite cook book, check out his blog / instagram. Always has me satisfied as if I ordered some exotic dish yet it’s relatively easy.
Combine sauce and set aside
- 3 tsbp mayo (I used primal mayo that I ordered)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Franks original hot sauce (I used 1 tbsp). There are surprisingly, apparently only 4 ingredients in Franks.
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder (I did not add this)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper (I used black pepper)
To make prawns:
- 1/4 cup lard, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs raw prawns (I did not weigh, bought large bag)
- 2 green onions to garnish.
Heat 1/4 cup cooking fat in pan, while it’s warming whip the egg white until frothy, add starch and salt. Stir to combine, will become a batter. Toss the prawns in batter to coat. Add coated prawns to pan in batches. Cook until golden.
Put cooked prawns on plate lined with paper towel, cook next batch.
Once all are cooked, toss with sauce, green onion, and recipe suggests sesame seeds.
For the yam fries I set the oven a 350*. I cut the yam as fry like as I could, toss with small amount of oil or fat. I didn’t time this, I just took my time making the prawns while these baked. Take out at least once to flip and rearrange.