This recipe is from one of my regular cook books Nom Nom Paleo !
It’s so easy and delicious, one I would definitely make again.
You will need a muffin tin and:
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee, divided (I used less)
- 10 ounces canned albacore tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about ⅓ cup)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1⅓ cup mashed baked sweet potato
- finely grated zest from ½ medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium lemons, cut into wedges (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350*. Use some of the ghee or your choice of cooking fat to grease the muffin tin.
Mix together the tuna, scallions, and cilantro.
I boiled the yams and then mashed them. Add the mash to tuna mix and gently combine. Then, mix in the lemon zest, jalapeño, the remaining two tablespoons of ghee, eggs, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop evenly into muffin tin.
Bake the tuna cakes for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
So yummy! Tuna, yam, and jalapeno actually went very well together. These were great to take to school for lunch the next day as well. They hold together enough to eat by hand and they don’t have an offensive tuna smell for those around you…hehe good for dinner or a snack!